Macquarie Peak24 2016
The corporate relay race against human trafficking
Employer: Running to Stop The Traffik Limited · Date: May 2016 · Role: Organizer
- 190 race participants
- 20 participating companies
- 8 corporate sponsors
- HKD 500,000 raised for charity
Youths did it – professionals can also do it. CEOs, managers and executives changed their business outfits for sneakers and ran a relay for a good cause. Peak24 is an endurance challenge on Hong Kong’s most scenic running loop, all for the fight
against human trafficking. This event offered a fun, physical challenge for everyone.
Peak24 was in its second year and participation grew by 100%. A strong direct marketing campaign boosted the growth. Carefully targeted, I conducted sales activities for a total period of 4 months prior the event.
Another factor for the increased participation was that I secured Macquarie as title sponsor for the race. Through that the event became even more respected by the corporate community in Hong Kong.
Attractive sponsorship packages doubled the monetary support compared to the previous year. More companies saw Macquarie Peak24 as a good opportunity to promote their services to other businesses. This also improved the comfort for the runners
as more funds were available to enhance the overall event quality.
- Full strategic planning and budgeting
- Title sponsorship negotiation
- Lead four-headed team
- Marketing and sales campaign
- Sponsorship sales and partnership management
- Layout, editing, and creation of sales collaterals, event materials, and website
- Fundraising campaign management
- Contractor sourcing and collaboration (production, catering, timing system, etc)
- Social media
- Merchandise design and sourcing
Visual summary of the event