A story that was started by me but left untold until now. And finally a selection of photos that I have taken during the trip.
It has been a long time since my last post, therefore a brief summary and after that an explanation of my whereabouts.
As my time in Japan is slowly coming towards an end I started thinking about if I really have made good use of my time so far and what I am still missing. I came up with this list:
- Visit at least 3 major Islands (Honshu, Kyushu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, Okinawa)
- Do Karaoke until dawn
- Stay at a Japanese friend’s house
- Visit Onsen regularly
- Talk to a Japanese person every day
- Go to a Karaoke with a girl you like
- Get lost in Tokyo
- Visit a rural place
- Go to a Hanami (花見) with only Japanese people
- Go to a Purikura (プリクラ)
- Sleep at a temple
- Sleep in a Ryokan (旅館)
- Soak in a wild hot spring
- Eat Sashimi (刺身)
- Spend a night in a Love Hotel
- Visit Yasukuni Shrine (靖国神社)
- Eat Fugu (ふぐ)
- Have a BBQ with Japanese friends
Some items are already checked, but others are still open. . .
More suggestions are always welcome!
In the 16th century the Portuguese came to Japan and brought trade and Christianity. The Emperor of Japan tolerated the new religion at first, but soon it was banned. There used to be three Japanese Christians who got baptised with the name Paulus (パウロ).