A story that was started by me but left untold until now. And finally a selection of photos that I have taken during the trip.
As my time in Japan is slowly coming towards an end I started thinking about if I really have made good use of my time so far and what I am still missing. I came up with this list:
- Visit at least 3 major Islands (Honshu, Kyushu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, Okinawa)
- Do Karaoke until dawn
- Stay at a Japanese friend’s house
- Visit Onsen regularly
- Talk to a Japanese person every day
- Go to a Karaoke with a girl you like
- Get lost in Tokyo
- Visit a rural place
- Go to a Hanami (花見) with only Japanese people
- Go to a Purikura (プリクラ)
- Sleep at a temple
- Sleep in a Ryokan (旅館)
- Soak in a wild hot spring
- Eat Sashimi (刺身)
- Spend a night in a Love Hotel
- Visit Yasukuni Shrine (靖国神社)
- Eat Fugu (ふぐ)
- Have a BBQ with Japanese friends
Some items are already checked, but others are still open. . .
More suggestions are always welcome!
On Tuesday morning, 6th of March, I decided to take a tour to Cham Islands, which is a group of seven isles located 15 kilometres from Hoi An. The speedboat took about 25 minutes to arrive at a small village on the main island. The village has a tourist information centre, a school and a temple.